Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We Give Thanks

Written November 28



There are so many things to be thankful for this year. Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to remember all the things God has blessed us with, get together with family, and enjoy the many blessings our family brings to the table…literally and figuratively!

This year we had Thanksgiving at my sister’s house. She did an AMAZING job. I wish I could convey how hard she worked, how beautiful her house looked and how totally tasty her food was. She is the perfect hostess. Of course she gets that from my mom (who may have helped her out just a little bit), but I really was thoroughly impressed. She made homemade rolls, cooked the turkey rotisserie style, made party potatoes, butternut squash, dressing from scratch, asparagus and mushrooms, pecan pie, ginger cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and a chocolate peanut butter cake (that is to die for!). My mom made waldorf salad, pea salad and pumpkin pie. My aunt Karen brought the best sweet potato casserole I’ve ever had (of course it had 5 sticks of butter in it – yikes!!).

There were about 18 of us gathered together off and on all day. My favorite part is always seeing my Aunt Karen and Aunt Cheryl. They are so much fun and bring a spark to the group that would be terribly missed if they weren’t there. I’m so glad they make the trip each year.

This year was also fun because Xander is now old enough to really play with his cousins. After spending four straight days together, he and Patrick were best friends! They played in a leaf pile together, played hide and seek, played with cars, slid down the slide over and over, and watched Cars 2 twice. They had a blast together! Even Kaitlyn and Xander made up a game with feathers that both of them seemed to thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday David’s family came over to my mom’s house and we helped decorate her Christmas tree. We ate more leftovers, played games and had a great time.

There are certainly many things to be thankful for!


Nana with the kids

Granddaddy with Amelia Jayne


Nana and Amelia Jayne

Aunt Cheryl with Amelia Jayne


The Karens and Cheryl looking at AJ

So sweet!

One of my fave pics from the day - Aunt Karen smiling (she didn't know I took her pic)



The amazing hostess!

You should've seen the size of dad's piece of cake! I told you the peanut butter chocolate cake was to die for!!


No comments: