Thursday, November 4, 2010

Date Night!

I am so thankful for date night! Since Xander was born David and I have tried very hard to do something together at least once a week with just the two of us. We've done many things - from staying in after Xander goes to bed and playing a game (our favorites are Hand & Foot and Sequence), watching a movie or TV show at home, going out to dinner, movies, dessert, bowling, etc. Now that we're back in Charlotte as a family we instilled Thursday night date night. I love it! It works out so perfectly. Xander spends the night with his Grandma on Thursday nights, so we get free babysitting and an opportunity to spend time alone together. Awesome!

What we do for date night is directly related to what gift cards or coupons we have, so we both ask for gift cards to movies, restaurants we like and other activities for our birthdays and Christmas. We don't have much money, but we want to make sure we spend quality time together. I'm truly thankful for this time with my wonderful husband. I hope we're able to do this for as long as possible. It means a lot to me that I get to spend such good time with David.

Tonight will be the first date night we've had in two weeks due to the fact that we've been away from each other over the last two Thursdays - the first from my appendicitis and the second when Xander and I were in TX for my papa's funeral. We haven't quite decided what we're going to do tonight, but I'm sure it will be enjoyable. I'm thinking a nice, quiet dinner might be in order. Yay date night!

No comments: