Sunday, November 18, 2012

Random thoughts and inspirations

I've definitely mentioned my friend Patrick before, but he wrote this post not long ago and it really resonated with me. I've been thinking a lot lately about living in the now and I've really been trying to live that out. I struggle a lot with living in the past or the future, or even just thinking about other things I could be doing in the now. And then Patrick posted Kyle's sermon. Thanks, Patrick. So I thought I'd share with y'all. Fantastic, right? I already have the words "Be present" as my background on my phone, just as a reminder to myself to always live in the moment and be present for whoever's around, be it my children, my husband or even the cashier that's standing in front of me. It's a reminder to put my phone down and really LIVE. So let's not be too busy. Let's live.

I started reading the book, Grace for the Good Girl. I'm going to try to be a part of this book club. It started last Thursday and I haven't had a chance to blog about my readings, but I'm going to work on it this week. I've finished the introduction and the first chapter, but it's taking me awhile to digest what I've read and figure out what I want to write. I absolutely love what I've read so far. There is so much truth to the words on those pages. At least for me anyway. I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts with y'all. :)

David and I were talking recently about running. We both want to get more serious about it. A couple of years ago we ran a 10k, but we haven't done much since then. David did run the Rock & Read race a couple of weeks ago, but that was the beginning of my illness, so I didn't make it. We want to run on New Year's Eve for the Running of the Lights. I hope we do it. I feel like if I say it publicly that it will happen. I really want to make my health a priority in my life. Lately it's kind of been on the bottom tier.

I'm sure by now y'all have seen the gangnam style video. Just in case you haven't, here it is. Go ahead and laugh with me. I couldn't help myself. :)



And if that weren't enough to make you wet your pants, here's something else to make you smile.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

patrick mitchell said...

love it, Emily. what you wrote is great and i desperately want to try to live the same thing - BE PRESENT. live in the now - for my spouse, child & even the cashier!!! put the phone down and LIVE LIFE! :)