Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fall



I love the fall of the year! It's definitely my favorite! I'm fully aware that the first day of Autumn is actually on September 23, but when September comes I already feel the seasons begin to change. The beginning of the school year brings cooler weather, changing leaves, football games, television show premieres, and typically a change of pace. I won't say it slows down, but somehow it seems less hectic. I like that. There's more of a schedule and routine in place - and I don't even have children who are in school yet! The atmosphere at the library changes - it's a bit quieter and things have a calmer feel. Anyway, I just love it.

I have so many reasons to celebrate fall this year. The biggest one, of course, being the birth of my sweet baby girl, but also Xander is starting preschool, the holidays are right around the corner, there are so many birthdays to celebrate (mine included!), and we have so many exciting changes going on! It makes me want to go out and buy new notebooks, pens and pencils, warmer clothes, visit a pumpkin patch and apple orchard, sip hot apple cider, bake pumpkin bread, and carve jack-o-lanterns. Mmmm. I can smell my Harvest candle already.

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

SOOOOOO ready for fall!!!