Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Son

My relationship with my son is changing.
And. I. Love. It.
We joke more.
We laugh together more.
We have serious and not-so-serious conversations.
I don't have to tell him the rules as often. I can just give him a look or a gesture and he knows what to do or what I'm talking about.
We have inside jokes.
We have outside jokes. :)
He isn't nearly as whiny as he's been in the past and if he slips up and whines, we usually make a joke out of it or talk through it.
I don't have to tell him to go to the bathroom as often.
He is incredibly self-sufficient and doesn't rely on me to do as many things for him. He still wants permission and often my opinion, but I'm pretty okay with that.
He constantly tells me he loves me and randomly gives me hugs and kisses.
He loves to give me gifts, especially "flowers" from the yard.
That boy has my heart.
He's always been special, but lately I'm able to not just appreciate his uniqueness and quirks, but to celebrate them.
I'm so proud of him and so honored to be his mommy.


No comments: