Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Big News


So, here's the news I've been waiting over 2 months to share. I'm pregnant!! I'm going to be a mom. It's the thing I've wanted more than anything in my whole life. And it's going to happen in 6 months! I just can't believe it. There have been so many things that have happened in my life that I'm incredibly thankful for. This ranks in the top 3. So, my due date is February 18, 2009. I'm 13 weeks along right now. Things are going very smoothly. Except for being incredibly tired, I haven't been sick at all for which I'm very glad. Apparently it runs in my family since niether my sister nor my mom suffered from morning sickness. Things really are going well!

David and I are still adjusting to the idea of being parents. Even though both of us want this wholeheartedly, the fact that this is going to happen takes some getting used to. Sometimes I think David really won't believe it's happening until I start to grow, but I think since he's been able to tell some of his friends he's really started believing it more. Just last week we got to hear our baby's heartbeat on Doppler, so I think that made it more real for him, too. It was truly incredible.

So, folks, prepare to welcome Baby Little into the world in about 6 months. It will be an amazing moment. I'll do my best to keep you updated on all the exciting moments leading up to the big day!

1 comment:

McDanfree said...

Congratulations, I know that the both of you will make wonderful parents. I bet you know of a few good books that you will be able to read to the baby!

Steven, Glenda McDaniel