Sunday, May 16, 2010

30 days 'til David's 30th birthday.


May 14th marked 30 days until David's 30th birthday and I've decided to celebrate with a little something special each day. I want to recognize him or do something to remind him that he's loved for the 30 days leading up to his big day. I don't look at 30 as us getting old, just getting better! So for the first day I gave him a card letting him know what my plan is for the next thirty days. At 29 days I wrote a message to him in the shower with children's bathtub crayons.


For 28 days I made a little sign that I propped up at his dinner plate which consisted of his favorite takeout meal - Mexican food, specifically cheese dip with chorizo (which he did not know about and was thrilled that I went out and got!). Today, at 27 days Xander and I wrote him a message and drew some pictures outside with sidewalk chalk. I am having so much fun with this! I'm incredibly thankful to have such an amazing husband who makes me excited to serve, love, cherish, be spontaneous with, create, play, laugh, cry, and just all around enjoy life. I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else and I'm so happy we're together!

No comments: