Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cars

So, Xander has some new favorite toys. A few weeks ago Mimi bought Xander a little Lightning McQueen and Mater for Xander to play with. He fell in love! He hasn't fallen so hard for a toy since Scout. This is big, y'all. Well, David has been so excited that Xander loves these cars. As David said to me, "I just want to go out and buy them all because he loves them so much and it's so fun to buy things for him!" This is really the first time that Xander has enjoyed something we can actually go out and get him. So, let me tell you, David has. When we were at the beach (the first time) David came back from a solo shopping trip with 2 cars for Xander - a complete surprise and Xander was thrilled. At the end of that week we went back to the Disney store and let Xander pick out 2 more by himself (and David bought Mac to go along with them). Here are some pics of Xander playing with his cars.

Xander and his cars.

The line-up


 We went back to the beach last week. Xander had his first theater experience - we went to see Cars 2. It was so fun! He did such a great job! He was quiet, attentive, and ate his weight in goldfish. I tried popcorn with him, but he wasn't a fan, so I was glad I'd brought a back-up of goldfish. He absolutely loved seeing the movie. Grandma went with us and Xander alternated between my lap, grandma's lap and his own seat. He wasn't fussy, wasn't loud and didn't embarrass me (I was really expecting that last one -ha!). We prepped him by watching the following trailer on youtube a gazillion times. :) Xander couldn't get enough of it!





So of course, after seeing the movie, David had to buy Xander a Francesco. It happened to come in a 2-pack with Shu Todoroki. And he really wanted to get Luigi and Guido (Xander calls him "Pit Stop" - that's funny if you've seen either the first or second movie). Luigi and Guido happened to come in a 4-pack with Uncle Topolino and Lightning McQueen. Whew! What am I going to do with these boys? Oh, right, I'm having a little girl soon to tone down the testosterone. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That's fun how much he likes them. Ashley just discovered cars too after a friend left a couple at the house after a playdate. The mom let us keep them and Ashley really likes them. I played with cars too, growing up with my brother.