Monday, January 11, 2016

My phrase for 2016

I know you're sitting on the edge of your seat wondering if I'm ever going to share my word/phrase of 2016 with you. Yup. Here it is:

Be brave.

Be Brave!! I've been pondering this for weeks now. It has come up many times over the course of the past few weeks and I know it's the thing I really want to focus on this year.

So, why brave?

I have been called to be brave. As 2015 came to a close, through many conversations and much prayer it became evident that what is needed most of me is to be vulnerable. But being vulnerable is hard. And to be vulnerable, you must be brave. I stumbled across this poem and that sums it up for me!





Amelia Jayne and I finally watched the new Cinderella movie together just last week. And guess what  theme goes throughout the movie? This:
"Have courage and be kind."

Yes!! That sums it up awesomely, as well.

As I was looking up a conference that's coming to Charlotte this spring, a banner showed up in the corner of my computer screen that shared some other conferences being held here this spring. And guess what one of them is called? She's brave. Guess who's signing up for it? That's right, this girl! I'm so excited! I just love when things fall in line. God is so amazing!!

And some scripture to go along with my phrase for this year...

Isaiah 41:13 says
For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Psalm 27:1-3
The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Psalm 56:3-4
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise - in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.

And along with this idea and call to be brave is the ever-present call to love. Yes, be brave and love. Sometimes it takes bravery to love, doesn't it? And this year that's exactly what I want to do.

No comments: