Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Children's books

I absolutely love children's books. This is one of the reasons I work in the library. People often ask me what books I recommend. Here are a few picture books. You'll find some classics, but also some newer books that I enjoy.

Do Unto Otters by Laurie Keller













Seventeen Things I'm not Allowed to Do Anymore by Jenny Offill










Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Conner











Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney











Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman











Off We Go! by Jane Yolen













Go Away Big, Green Monster! by Ed Emberley












Pouch! by David Ezra Stein












The Cow Loves Cookies by Karma Wilson











Elmer by David McKee












The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle












Silly Sally by Audrey Wood











King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey and Don Wood














No More, Por Favor by Susan Middleton Elya












I Love Animals by Flora McDonnell











These are just a few that I like and often use in story time. Let me know if you have other favorites to share!

No comments: