Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Decisions

I'm in a weird place right now. I feel like there are decisions to be made, inevitable changes and life is feeling overwhelming.

Have you ever been going along in life, continuing the mundane, not expecting anything out of the ordinary when all of a sudden someone says something that changes everything? Or an action happens that causes you to look at something in a completely different way? I know that sounds kind of vague, but you know what I mean. Right?

I have to make some decisions that I didn't think I would have to make at this point in my life. I suppose, honestly, I don't have to make them, but how can I go on through life and not make some changes? What kind of life is that?

Sometimes we're forced to make changes - like in 2009 when David lost his job. We were forced to make lots of changes. Sometimes we choose to make changes, like when David and I decided to start trying for a baby...and it happened. Twice. Sometimes we're excited and hopeful and full of wonder. Sometimes we fight tooth and nail to make things stay the same. And then sometimes there's that limbo. Should I do it, should I not? Should I try it, should I not? Should I ask, should I not?

That's where I am now. The limbo stage.

The sermon at Ridge on Sunday was fantastic. My friend, Patrick, preached about what it's like to have an amazing life story. He used Moses as his example. And what better guy to use? Who doesn't know Moses and all the amazing things God did through him? I want to make changes in my life that will influence others and show Christ to everyone I meet. When I get down to the end of my life, I want to have made some good decisions that will become an amazing story. 


So, pray with me folks. I'll be glad to pray for you, too, if you have big changes in store.

No comments: