Friday, July 13, 2012

Granddaddy and Nana


My dad and Karen are moving! It looks like they'll be in North Carolina in about 6 weeks. I'm so excited! Their new house in Hickory, NC, is absolutely gorgeous. They'll only be a little over an hour from us. That's a much better drive than the 7 hours (or 9-10 depending on traffic and children) we used to drive to their house in Murfreesboro, TN.

I know there will be some adjustments as there always are when things change, but we are really excited to have Nana and Granddaddy so close. That's the reason they're moving, I guess. They want to be more involved in their grandchildren's lives. My dad will be retiring sooner rather than later and I know he wants to be near his family. My aunt Karen (his sister) lives in Roanoke, VA, which is only about 3 hours from Hickory.

We are so blessed and happy to now have all of our families close enough for a weekend visit. Welcome home, Granddaddy and Nana! We love you!

No comments: