Thursday, September 6, 2012

All by myself

Tonight is the first night in a long time that I'm alone. Completely alone. (Except for the cat who is excited that I'm alone with him and thinks I should be focusing all my attention and energy on him. He might get locked in a bedroom if he's not careful.)
No commitments, no friends, no children, no husband. I am officially on my own tonight.
My kiddos are spending the night with Grandma for Amelia Jayne's first time.
David is attending the DNC tonight and watching President Obama speak (although he texted me a bit ago to tell me that the Foo Fighters just performed. I'm sure he was much more excited about that!).
So here I am! I have been contemplating over the past few days what I would do tonight. Should I go to a movie? Shopping? Dinner on my own? Read a book? Watch TV? Should I be more practical and clean the house or do things around here that I don't normally get done with two little ones under my feet? (As an aside, my hubby told me he would be extremely upset with me if I don't do something fun for me. He said the house better be dirty when he comes home. :) That's one sweet man.)

So far I've had about an hour and a half to myself and I've been playing with this blog. I'm sure you've noticed the extensive changes. I enjoyed trying out new backgrounds and fonts. I even figured out how to center my blog title. I've been trying to do that for over a year! You'll probably see lots of new posts appear in the next few days. I've started so many and have so many ideas for new ones! I'll do my best to finish my thoughts and get them out there to you. :)

So what to do now?

I think dinner is in order. Here at the house. Why go out when I can sit on the couch and eat dinner in my jammies? Maybe I'll have dessert for dinner. Oh the possibilities!

Then maybe some reading and a little TV. Maybe I'll catch up on some emails. Oh how exciting!

I'm quite the wild one. I really know how to live it up! Don't be jealous. ;)

No comments: