Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What I learned in June

Today I'm linking up with Emily Freeman - Chatting at the Sky. Check it out!

1. Buying a house is hard work, but it's changed a lot since we did this eight years ago. Almost all of our signatures are online. How cool is that? So nice not to have to meet up every time something needs to be signed. And everything is sent to us via email. How did anything get done before email and internet??
 
2. I learned that you can send a picture on your iPhone through email much easier than I have been doing it since forever. I used to go into my pictures and send the email from there. That's fine except sometimes I would be in the middle of writing an email and realize I wanted to add a picture. I always left the email to go back to my pictures and choose what I wanted. But no more!
Here's how you do it:
Compose a message in your email. Hold down your finger on the screen in the content box of your email. The "Select - Select All - Paste" button will pop up. Touch the arrow to the right. The box "Insert photo or video" pops up. Voila! Awesome!
 
3. I learned that babies/toddlers really are more resilient than you might think. After watching my 20 month old daughter dive/fall out of the bathtub onto her neck/head, I realized they really are made of rubber. But let's not test that theory anymore, k?
 
4. If you've got too many peaches that are starting to ripen quickly, why not make peach cobbler? I had never made it before so I used Paula Deen's recipe. You really can't go wrong with her dessert recipes (there's enough butter in her foods to make anything yummy- ha!). It was mighty tasty!

 
 
5. I participated in a Survey through 20/20 and got paid $60. It was the tiniest bit of effort that made me a little cash. I highly recommend it. In fact, I've signed up to do some more!

6. Life of Pi. I wanted to read the book before I watched the movie, but I'm just now getting around to it. And I'm so glad I did. It is fantastic so far. Read it.

7. I found a new coffee deliciousness. From the recommendation of the young Starbucks barista in Statesville, NC, I tried a tall double latte with two pumps of vanilla and one pump hazelnut, consumed with the lid OFF. The no-lid thing is crucial. It was incredibly enjoyable. I think I've found my new hot beverage at Starbucks for awhile.
 
8. For some reason I always forget about Cato, but it has some cute clothes at great prices! I stepped in there the other day while I was waiting on my mom and found all kinds of cute things!
 
9. While at Cato, I noticed they group their clothing together according to color, not style or type of clothing. That's brilliant! I don't have a very organized closet, so I decided to try that method. It's working out great so far. Of course it helps that I've weeded out all the old clothes for goodwill and packed up my winter clothes. I now have tons more space in my closet which is incredibly helpful. :)
 
10. This is the best pre-made Sangria I've ever had. I absolutely adore Sangria. It's one of my favorite drinks. I love to make it for special occasions, but when I don't want to go to the trouble to make it or I just want one glass for myself, this is my go-to. If you like Sangria, you should give it a try.
 
11. My son is 4 going on 40. Not that I didn't know this already, but it was confirmed for me a few times this month. On Sunday while playing with his 7-year-old cousin, Patrick, he said, "Patrick! Get back here! You're not supposed to run in the road!" And the other night when I was putting him to bed, I told him I couldn't stay in his room long because I needed to get some things done. His response to me was, "Mommy, be sure to get some sleep after you get your stuff done." I love that little old soul.
 
What did you learn in June? Anything I should know??

 

No comments: