Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ten beautiful years

I love my husband. More than I ever thought it possible to love another human being. He is my heart.
I continue to be amazed by him. He makes me so proud and so honored. He truly loves me well.

We had a fantastic anniversary. It was a big one - 10 whole years. Sometimes I am astounded at how much God has done in our lives over the last 10 years. Both of us have grown and changed in countless ways.

It hasn't always been fun. It isn't ever perfect. It's been down right hard more times than I can count.
But it's been incredible. And beautiful. I am so blessed to do life with my best friend.

We spent our actual anniversary, Thanksgiving day this year, and some days before and after in Savannah, Georgia. We had no plans, no expectations, and therefore, no stress! We ate Thanksgiving dinner on a river boat. We stayed out late and slept in. We saw that one of my favorite movies (Gone with the Wind) was playing in a local theater for one night, so we went. We enjoyed hanging at a chocolate bar, ate at local restaurants including Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady and Sons and historic Belford's. We did some shopping, lots of walking, and the perfect amount of talking. We spent almost every second together...and loved every minute of it. Honestly. It was like a dream :)

The love of my life

Happy anniversary and Happy Thanksgiving!

75th anniversary of GWtW...amazing!

 
At the Lucas theatre
 
Lulu's Chocolate Bar. My new favorite thing. We have a chocolate bar in Charlotte that I must try out!

David's Irish coffee and my chocolate martini...OMG...delicious!

Chocolate martini...yum! I need to work on my food photography, though...

Peanut butter pie...as if we needed anything else after those drinks!
 
Lovely restaurant, lovely view
Beautiful anniversary flowers.

No comments: