Tuesday, February 16, 2016

How I choose books

This article got me thinking...
AHHH! This is so difficult for me! I choose books mostly based off of recommendations. And I get a LOT of recommendations. Not sure if it's because I work in a library or if I just love so many different genres. I read a lot of bloggers who have great recs. I am also friends with a lot of readers who know my interests. I love all kinds of genres - for fiction I love: historical fiction, literary fiction, sci fi, fantasy, Christian fiction...


Honestly, the majority of books sitting on my desk to be read are non-fiction. I love books about Jesus, the church, health, personalities, leadership, parenting, memoirs and biographies.


I am truly inquisitive. I just want to know so much.


Therein lies the rub. I mustn't just be a "hearer of the word", but also a doer. That is my hope over this year that I will read many books where God will speak to me and teach me new things, but that I won't just let it soak in and walk away, forgetting all I've learned. I want to dig deep, apply the principles and knowledge, give that wisdom away and share the riches.


I've already read a ton of books this year and I am having so much fun doing it! I'm part of a book club at a local church. I started a facebook group (from the encouragement of one of my mom's friends) to track our reading challenges for 2016. And I'm having so much fun learning! Join me, won't you?

No comments: