Thursday, May 12, 2016

Date your kids

I think spending time with each of your children individually is extremely valuable. David and I struggle with even going on dates with each other at times, but we're trying to make that a top priority and along with that, time alone with each of our kids.

In February I took Xander to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens. He was beyond thrilled to see it and had been waiting for months! David and I made a big deal about it being a date and getting to spend time with just Mommy. David was so sweet to let me have this moment with Xander. He easily could've taken him and Xander would have been equally as excited, but I am so glad that this was a memory that Xander and I get to have.

Sporting his Star Wars hoodie.


So excited!!

On our way!

We parked behind this car which Xander thought had the best bumper sticker ever. 

Paying for our tickets. Such a gentleman. :)


We just had to visit the Lego store while we were in the mall.

He loves making the lego sets come to life!


I couldn't help but sneak a couple of pics during the movie.



While Xander and I were out, David spent time alone with AJ. They went to see The Good Dinosaur and spent some time at the Disney store. :)





This was one of those moments that I just had to document. Since then, we've taken the kids separately to a couple of other things. I took AJ to the Lego convention, I've eaten lunch with Xander a couple of times at school, and I've taken AJ to the park. Possibly a couple of other things that have left my brain. 
Though it can be difficult to make the time during some seasons of life, it's so worth it!

No comments: