Friday, December 3, 2010

Growing up

For some reason the thought keeps coming back to me over and over about how we grow up. Why do some of us pick really bad choices, some of us pick really good choices, some of us are just really blessed, and some of us just really aren't. I've been thinking a lot about the way I grew up. There were some rough moments during that time, let me tell you. But overall, I have been extremely blessed.

Xander has so many people in his life that love him. Does that make a difference? Tremendously. He is loved on everywhere he goes.

Some kids never have that. They're alone or just plain lonely. Some have to grow up so quickly. There are so many children out there who won't be able to celebrate Christmas. So many children don't have people to love on them, encourage them and spur them on to great things.

I love my child so much and I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to mold and shape him into someone awesome. Ultimately God will guide him and give him opportunities to make good (and bad) choices, but I know that without good parents he barely even has a shot at life. So, I thank God for this wonderful, yet challenging role in which I've been place. I just pray that God will give me wisdom and clarity through my parenting.

No comments: