Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

And when I say wonderful, what I also mean is busy! This has been such an amazingly busy month. I kept telling myself to sit down and write a blog post, but other things started creeping up on me. The first weekend of the month David, Xander and I went to the lake to hang out with Becky. We had a great time playing games and visiting! On Sunday we went to Mocksville to celebrate Nathan's birthday. Poor Nathan. It's tough having to share a birthday month with Jesus. He tends to get the short side of the deal, but he's always a good sport about it and allows us to celebrate his special day while decorating trees and doing other Christmas-related events. Thanks, Nathan! And Happy Birthday!!

Last weekend David, Becky and I went to see White Christmas at Ovens Auditorium here in Charlotte. Loved it! I love the movie, but it was fun to see in person, too. David's office Christmas party was that evening. We had a great time! I enjoyed getting to meet all of David's co-workers and their spouses. It was at David's boss's house which is absolutely gorgeous! The food was good and the company was fun. Becky spent the night with us and we had a great time hanging out with her. Thanks for babysitting Xander, Beck!

Of course during the week we've been decorating, shopping, cooking, working, and enjoying all the festivities that come along with the holidays. Also, Xander's been going through a very strange sleeping pattern. He'll go to sleep okay at night (when I say okay what I mean is that I'll put him down and then he'll cry for about 5-10 minutes and then fall asleep) but then he wakes up around 4am. He isn't ready to get up yet, he just wants me to rock him. Whenever I go to lay him down he cries again. If I send David in to do it he screams. Not just crying screams, but blood-curdling screams. He's definitely in a Mommy-phase right now. His naps are going okay - some days he sleeps for about an hour and other days I have to wake him up after 3 hours. At least he typically does get a nap. I guess this all seems strange to me because it's somewhat the reverse of what he used to do - no nap, but a great night sleeper. I liked those days. :)

So, on top of all the busyness of this season, I've been doing it on 4-5 hours of sleep. I'm getting better at going to bed earlier, which is difficult with all the things I need to do, and sometimes I am able to get a quick nap when Xander does. Ah, the life of a mommy with a toddler.

No comments: