Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Family

I've had a great week! My brother Sean, and his family came to Mocksville for their spring break. They live in Dallas, so I only get to see them usually once a year. This was a special treat! Sean and his wife Jill have three kids - Cole is 14, Kennedy is 8 and Carson is 3.

We had a birthday party for my mom on Sunday at Erin's house. My sister, as usual, did a beautiful job. The house looked great, the food was awesome and the birthday cake was even more awesome. The kids played outside and the grown-ups had great conversations. It was really fun.

One of my favorite moments was bedtime on Monday night. Carson had been eating Reese's pieces and his mom told him, "No more candy, it's bedtime." He'd gone upstairs to get his pajamas and came back downstairs with a handful of gummy bears. Jill said, "Carson Walker! I told you no more candy!" And Carson cried out as serious as could be, "Them are not candy! Them are gummy bears!" None of us kept our composure after that. Too funny!

Erin and Nathan let Kaitlyn skip school and Patrick leave preschool early yesterday to play with their cousins and we took them all to Chuck E Cheese. Oh we had a great time! I hadn't been there since I was a kid (I remember thinking it was kind of lame back then) but it was a lot of fun! The mechanical mouse is still lame, but there's tons of other things to do. And Xander was so easy! He's too young to really play much, so he would just sit on car games and "drive" them or watch me play basketball or just walk around mesmerized. He loved it! He's been many times with Grandma, Mimi, Kaitlyn and Patrick, but I've never been with them. We'll definitely take him back!

Sean, Jill and the kids are staying the rest of the week, but I had to come back to Charlotte to work, so my time with them is over until July when we'll go on our annual beach trip. I'm really looking forward to it! All the cousins get along so well - it's great that they're not only cousins, but friends!

No comments: