Friday, March 4, 2011

A letter from Mommy

Dear Xander,

It seems like yesterday that you were just a little baby laying in my arms.  What a sweet little thing you were - and so happy!  You smiled all the time.  I don't know if I've ever seen a smilier baby than you. :)  And now you're 2!  You've gotten so big.  And even though you still lay in my arms, with your head on my shoulder, and ask me to rock you, I fully realize that you won't do those things forever.  Each day that passes I'm thankful for the time I've had with you.

I'm so excited about this year!  Your 3rd year.  You already talk so much and tell me all kinds of stories.  I realized just the other day that we really do carry on conversations!  You're silly and make jokes.  You love to run around, playing with balls and tractors.  You always want to give Spike treats, but then you never quite give them to him before they're all crumbled in your hands.  Spike eats them anyway. :)  You ask me to sing to you constantly - mostly "the ABC song" or "Happy birthday," with a few others thrown in.  You tolerate being around people you don't know - you don't really like it, but when Mommy or Daddy holds you close you feel secure.  One of your favorite things to do (besides watch Elmo - I must hear "Elmo's birthday?" 10 times a day!) is to play on my iPhone.  You look at pictures and videos of yourself.  You've watched them so much that you know what's going to happen next!  You absolutely adore your Mimi and Grandma.  You talk about them a lot, too. :)  Daddy is your #1 Dude.  You love rolling around on the floor and wrestling with him, tickling him, playing ball with him, and even watching football with him!

I'm looking forward to what this year has in store.  I can already imagine - a big boy bed, potty training, learning all kinds of new things, talking even more, playing with little friends, trips to the beach, the zoo, and so many other cool places! Wow!  It's going to be great. :)

Even with all of the things that will change and happen over this year, you'll always be my little boy. Forever and ever.

All my love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Kristen said...

He's such a big boy! Ashley loves to watch videos of herself too, haha!