Thursday, March 24, 2011

25 months of love

I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5 NLT


God definitely knew what He was doing when He made Xander. He has certainly set him apart. I don't deserve him, but I accept him with open arms and much love in my heart. He is the most precious little boy. He's not perfect, but he is perfect for me. He is sweet, kind, loving, mischievous, funny, cute, and oh, such a blessing to me! I'm so thankful for that little boy! He has been alive 25 months to the day, so I thought it fitting to mention 25 things I love about him.

I love when he copies everything I say.
I love that he talks about his cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents without my prompting. 
I love his sensitive and sweet spirit.
I love his mispronunciations, like "yittle" instead of "little" and "coot" instead of "cute."
I love his determination.
I love that he insists on saying the entire alphabet all the way through.
I love his excitement.
I love how everything is brand new and mesmerizing to him.
I love his giggles.
I love when he grabs my hand to tickle him and gives me his fake laugh, letting me know that he does, indeed, want to be tickled.
I love how ticklish he is!
I love how much he loves his toys, especially cars and balls.
I love when he insists that I sit on the couch with him just because he wants to spend time with me.
I love that he asks for a waffle every single morning, without fail.
I love how he talks to Spike.
I love the color of his hair!
I love his "John Wayne" walk.
I love his desire for independence. (Sometimes!)
I love how he says, "Mommy, pick-up!" when he wants me to pick him up and "Mommy, carry you!" when he wants to be carried.
I love when he does something he's proud of and says, "Good boy!" to himself.
I love how he plays with my hair.
I love his hugs and kisses.
I love how he holds my hand and (usually) waits patiently while we pray together.
I love his memory.
I love when he tells me out of the blue "Love you, Mommy."

I had a hard time only writing 25 - there are so many more things that I love about that boy!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I just love learning about this little guy! He's so cute!