Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Be cheerful!

I have a new goal for this week: Be cheerful!


I tend to think of myself as a pretty positive person. I'm usually the optimistic, glass half full, Pollyanna-type. Lately, not so much. No one's said as much to me, but I feel that way about myself, so I've adopted this verse:


Proverbs 15:30 
A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health.


I LOVE when people smile at me! When I smile at them and they smile back, or better yet when they smile first. It's certainly infectious and I love it. I also don't like to be the complainer, therefore, I am going to try and share good news instead of things that make me feel yucky. Why would I want to bring other people down? So, here's to following through with my goal.
Here are some quotes about being cheerful :)


I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.
Martha Washington



“We tend to forget that happiness doesn`t come as a result of getting something we don`t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” 
– Frederick Keonig


“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” 
– Groucho Marx


‘Hope’ is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops – at all -
- Emily Dickinson 


Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
Romans 12:9,10 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are one of the most optimistic, cheerful, positive, and encouraging people I know! There are definitely seasons when it's harder to be this way though.