Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wishes

I find myself reading other people's blogs and wishing I was more like them.
I wish I was as passionate about that subject
or
I wish I wrote as eloquently as they do
or
I wish I had thought to write about that
or
I wish I was funnier
or
I wish I was more talented
or
I wish my life was more together
or
I wish I was as good a mom as she is.
Sometimes I could wish my life away! But the fact of the matter is that I don't need to wish for so much. I have so much.

Maybe I didn't record every little detail of being pregnant, but I can remember lying in bed in the quiet of the early morning and feeling that little baby move around inside me. I talked to that baby and my love grew.

Maybe I don't have the cleanest house, but my son knows that I love him because I play with him.

Maybe I don't have the most exciting life where I make tons of money and travel to exotic lands, but I think it's pretty exciting to see two little people change and grow right in front of my very own eyes. To have a husband who comes home to me each and every night. To know that I'm loved by all three of those special people in my life.

Maybe my husband and I are pretty boring, but when I look in his eyes, I see his love and passion for me.

Sometimes I wish I was different. But most days I'm thankful that God made me who I am.

Deuteronomy 2:7
"For the LORD your God has blessed you in everything you have done. He has watched your every step through this great wilderness. During these forty years, the LORD your God has been with you, and you have lacked nothing.”

No comments: