Thursday, March 12, 2015

What I'm into right now...

1. This song. We sing it at church all the time and it just does. not. get. old. I have listened to it on repeat many times...









2. My favorite TV shows right now are Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter. David and I have re-watched the Marvel movies and it's been really fun to piece all of the stories together. I am so very excited for the new Avengers movie to come out in May!


3. Gretchen Rubin's books - The Happiness Project and Happier at Home. More to come on this. :)


4. Dark chocolate covered almonds. It's my vice. I don't mind indulging in this since there are some great health benefits. However, I try not to eat more than 6 or 8 almonds (or less) per day.


5. David and I have also started The Voice again. That tends to be mine and David's go-to when it's on. We like the simplicity of not having to pay total attention to the show, plus I think David loves how opinionated and irate I can get (as evidenced by my rather explicit tirades directed to the TV) when listening to/watching people


6. Becky came over one weekend and we started watching the show - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. A Netflix original, created and written by Tina Fey - it's hilarious. Twisted and silly and wildly inappropriate. I loved it.




7. And speaking of Tina Fey...
Liz Lemon Greek frozen yogurt from Ben & Jerry's. It's lemon greek frozen yogurt with a blueberry lavender swirl. I am so happy even just thinking about that right now! David and I went to Ben & Jerry's on a date a couple of weeks ago to try The Tonight Dough (starring Jimmy Fallon) but they didn't have it. I sampled the Liz Lemon and have been obsessed with it ever since! I was so excited to find it in the grocery store a week or so later. We still haven't tried The Tonight Dough, but Liz Lemon is getting me through. :)


8. Hot tea before bedtime. I like this tradition. I typically want a snack before bed, so this curbs that craving. And it's yummy and soothing before sleep. This is a habit I can keep. :)


9. This article. We all need to take care of ourselves and I'm learning that more and more the older I get. The article I linked to has 55 wonderful tips on how to take care of ourselves - I'm working on it.

No comments: