Friday, February 4, 2011

Queen's Feast

I don't know why I haven't posted about this before, but I totally should have!  Charlotte, like many other cities I'm sure, offers what they call Queen's Feast or Charlotte Restaurant Week. This is a week long, or this year a 10-day long, event where certain (typically high-priced and fancier) restaurants in Charlotte offer a 3-course meal for only $30.  $30 you say?  Is that really a deal?  Well, it is if you're eating at places like Ruth's ChrisFleming's or The Capital Grille.

David and I participated in it this year thanks to Grandma and Mimi watching Xander on a Thursday and Friday night for date nights.  We went to two different places and enjoyed it immensely!  We went to Vida on Friday, January 21, and  Ruth's Chris on Thursday, January 27.  Although Vida was delicious and gave us entirely too much food, we probably won't go back there for Restaurant Week again.  The food just wasn't all that special.  However, we would go back to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in a minute!  Their steak was probably the best I've ever had.  It was completely swimming in butter, so even if I had tons of money to spend on evenings out, I wouldn't choose this all the time simply for the caloric value. But, man was it good!  I would definitely recommend it for a special night out.

I know I've said it before, but I just love my husband!  I'm so thankful that we live in a city that has so many fun things for us to do.  I'm glad that we're taking advantage of the opportunities we have.  I'm so happy with the home we've chosen. And I'm grateful that I get to do these things with my best friend!  What a reason to rejoice!

No comments: