Thursday, April 7, 2011

Changes

Life has once again snuck up on me and left me catching my breath with the whirlwind of changes that have come upon us in the past two weeks.

First of all, David has been offered a permanent, full-time job! He'll be working with a firm in Charlotte where he previously did contract work. He loves this firm and the people who work there, so he's extremely excited about this opportunity. Not only is it a good place and he loves the work, but he now has benefits including insurance, paid time off, retirement, etc.  It's been a couple of years since we haven't had to pay for his benefits, so we're excited about this immensely. He's turned in his resignation at the current firm and will start his permanent position in two weeks. Praise the Lord!

Last week I attended the Drive conference held in Alpharetta, GA, at North Point Community Church. What a great experience! This is a time for leaders of all different churches to come together and get ideas, inspiration and leadership on how to lead their own churches. I was excited to be a part of this event and thankful that my own church leaders invited me along. I gained a fresh perspective on how to help lead the church and a lot of confirmation that we already do some really great things at Ridge Church.

Tomorrow David, Xander and I will be traveling to Roanoke, VA, to see my awesome aunts Cheryl and Karen. I'm still working on getting Xander to say Karen the Great. Because she is. I so enjoy the times when I get to see Karen and Cheryl, so I am really looking forward to a fun weekend. Time away, time with family and time for fun.

There are a few other changes going on, too, but those will have to wait for another post.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What great news and such a blessing! Praise God! I hope the changes are positive and set a more relaxed pace for you guys.