Thursday, February 7, 2013

father/son, mother/daughter bonding time

David and Xander went to a Bobcats game last month. Oh boy, did they have a great time!
Xander talks about the basketball games for days (sometimes weeks) after he goes. He insists on wearing his Bobcats T-shirt every day for a couple of weeks after the game (luckily he has more than one now).

I love that he and David get to do this together. Before Xander was old enough to go David used to take me. I think he still sometimes wishes he could take me, but I'm fine with this arrangement. I'm not overly excited about basketball (read: I don't like basketball at all, though I did enjoy the quality time spent with my husband) so I'm happy that Xander gets to go with his Daddy. Not only does Xander love sports of all kinds (his favorites being basketball, soccer and baseball) but he also gets to spend some quality, one-on-one time with his Dad.

Amelia Jayne and I had a fun time at home, too. She slept and I cleaned. Then we played outside for awhile since it was so pretty that day. Here are pictures from the day.


A little Jason's Deli treat before the game.

With Sir Purr - the Panthers mascot
I think this is the hockey team's mascot. I don't know his name.




If I don't get ice cream, I'll just lick this slide!

Teething just a bit, hence the drool. :)


Finding clover

No comments: