Tuesday, May 21, 2013

30 Days of blogging: Day One

I thought about starting this 30 Days of blogging challenge months ago and then time and inclination, not to mention inspiration, wained and I decided it was too much of a headache to even keep up with my blog, much less a challenge. Now that I'm more interested in writing, I'm having a hard time coming up with things to say! I still have things to post from weeks and months ago, but everything that comes to mind is so heavy these days! This just seems more fun and more interesting to me right now. I promise I will not be completing this in 30 days - it's just not gonna happen. But I thought I might throw one out there every so often. Today is one of those days.
So, here we go.
 
Day One: List 10 Random Facts About Yourself

1. I can make an elephant noise. Like, a really good, elephant noise.

2. I know sign language.

3. I can name all the states in alphabetical order in under a minute.

4. I can make chocolate chip cookies without a recipe - that's how many times I've made them. They are, by far, my favorite cookie. This is the master recipe if you're looking for the best chocolate chip cookies ever.

5. I can share a story time or get up in front of a group of kids and entertain them with absolutely no preparation. I've had to do this many times.
Note: That is NOT my preferred way to do it. But I can. If I have to.

6. I can make my eyeballs shake/vibrate. The technical term apparently is nystagmus. I have voluntary nystagmus. The doctor always told me I have excellent eye muscle control. I've never known anyone else who could do it...until my niece. Must be hereditary. :)

7. I will try almost anything with my hair - cut, color, you name it. And it might have already been that way! Not that I do crazy things, but I might consider it. :)

8. Dark chocolate is my favorite of all the chocolates, but sometimes it makes me sneeze. Thanks for the inherited allergy, Dad.

9. I'm weird about the radio. I love all kinds of music and I've been known to switch from a rap to a classical to a country to an alternative station, all in a 15 minute drive. And all of these kinds of stations are programmed into my car's radio settings.

10. When I listen to my kids talk, I'm reminded that I really do have a southern accent. But it's not as bad as theirs, right? Right??
And when I talk to my co-workers who are from Chicago, Venezuela, and New York, I'm reminded anew.

Leave a comment and share some random facts about yourself. I'd love to hear them!

No comments: