Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mud Run

A couple of weeks ago I participated in my first mud run. It was so fun!
Women only. I ran with a group of women that I didn't even know! My friend, Crystal, invited me to join her and a bunch of her nurse friends. I only knew Crystal and Beth, but it was so great to meet new people.
 


We cut up our shirts, thanks to our inspiration from pinterest.
 
 
We got pretty dirty! The obstacles were my favorite part - there was an obstacle every quarter to half mile. They included walking across a balance beam, scaling walls, climbing rope ladders, climbing up and then sliding down huge blow-up slides, crawling through a tarp-covered crawl space in the dark with water sprinkling on you, wading through mud pits, fighting through a rope obstacle, and alternately climbing over and crawling under walls.
It was a great time and I highly recommend it!
 

No comments: