Thursday, June 12, 2014

Choose Joy

Sometimes I have to be reminded. That's why I bought a reminder that I keep in my kitchen.

And I especially want to choose joy because the days are long, but the years are short.

Good energy is contagious, so if you need a reminder every time you pick up your phone, check this out.

And of course you could always watch the video to the ever popular song that can't help but make you happy. :) My kids could dance to this for hours.

A few songs on my summertime "Happy" playlist?
That's My Jam by Relient K
A moving version of Hallelujah
Oceans by Hillsong United
One Thing Remains by Jesus Culture
Happy by Sister Hazel
Wouldn't it Be Nice? by The Beach Boys (and many other Beach Boy songs that MUST be listened to in the summer)
Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters
And so many songs from Dirty Dancing, Stand By Me, and the 50's and 60's :) What is it about those songs that make me want to go to the beach?!

The song "How He Loves Us" always moves me. I ran across the origin of that song recently. Powerful and inspiring.

No comments: