Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wonderful weekend

What a packed weekend we had! David's birthday was Friday, his Dad's 60th birthday was Saturday and then Father's Day on Sunday + a celebration for David's sister, Becky, whose birthday is today! Whew!

I worked on Friday, but was able to meet up with David for a birthday lunch date. I really love doing that! It's so nice to steal away for an hour in the middle of the day, during the week, with my man. We ate at Tupelo Honey CafĂ©. If you're ever in North Carolina, Greenville, SC or Eastern Tennessee, you have GOT to check this out. It was delicious! We'll definitely be going back there.

The kids and I worked hard to make David's evening fun. We got his favorite Mexican food, wrapped presents, made cards and had so much fun being together. We had planned to celebrate him on Saturday morning, but the kids were too excited to wait. Xander couldn't wait for David to open the soccer jersey we got for him...in fact, he whispered it REALLY loud so that David already knew what he was getting before he opened it. Too funny! Both kids are so excited about birthdays right now.

We got up Saturday morning to have breakfast together (have I mentioned that this has become one of my favorite times of the week?), this time a breakfast of sausage balls - David's favorite - before we packed up and headed to the lake. We celebrated David's dad's birthday by boating, jet skiing, swimming and playing in the lake. It was so fun! The first trip we've made to the lake this year, and hopefully not our last (though our summer is quickly filling up!) We grilled out, sang Harry a special 60th birthday song, and enjoyed hanging out together.

On Sunday we went over to my mom's to celebrate David and Becky (and Harry again). It was a nice lunch with the fam. I hated that not everyone could be there, but it was a fun and relaxing day, playing outside and visiting.

I'm very thankful for my family. I'm thankful for the dads in my life and the sweet memories we're continuing to make.

We're gearing up for another exciting trip - the Littles' are headed to the beach on Friday for two whole weeks! And the summer whirlwind continues...

(And I'm loving every minute!) :)

No comments: