Thursday, August 18, 2011

My heart is overflowing.

Tuesday was an amazing day. I smiled so much and felt so much joy that I almost cried multiple times! Here are a few things that happened that day.

Xander and I visited a potential preschool. Yes, I said it. Preschool. Let's say that together, slower this time. Preeeschoool. Wow. Anyway, more about that in a later post.
Xander was such an angel! We met the director, toured the facility, and went into the classroom that would potentially be his while I talked to her for a bit. Xander just contentedly played with the toys and allowed us to chat. When it was time to go, he politely put all the toys back (with prompting from me, of course, but no tantrums about it!) and we headed out! After a visit to the fish aquarium again. :)

We went to the store after the preschool visit. (There's that "P" word again!) He was such a big helper! He helped me push the cart, picked out items on the shelf when I asked (and some that I didn't ask for! Ha!) and put them in the cart. When we were ready to check out, he asked me to sing his favorite song, "God Made it All." I started singing it to him softly and then he started belting it out. I mean, really belting it out! But he was doing such a good job with it that people just stopped and smiled, listened to him and clapped when he was finished! It was adorable! (I'm working on getting it on video, I promise :))

We came home, ate lunch, sat on the potty (did I mention we're working on the potty training thing?) and then he went down for a 3-hour nap! Awesome!

When David got home, he ran to him (like he usually does), gave him a big hug and they went upstairs so Daddy could change clothes, all the while Xander was telling Daddy about his day. So precious!! They came down and we had dinner together. Afterwards we took a walk out in the pleasantness (been awhile since I could say that about the weather!) of the evening.

It was such a great day! They don't always go that well, but I'm so incredibly thankful when they do! What a blessing my family is to me!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh how we moms love great days with the kids! Glad you had one recently!