Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pregnancy update

I'm to that stage now where I have a doctor's appointment every 2 weeks. I had one today and I'll have another one on September 7th and 21st. Then I'll start the weekly visits - woo hoo!

Everything seems to be going well! Amelia Jayne is measuring at 32 weeks and I'll be 31 weeks on Friday. She's measuring a tad big, but nothing to worry about. My blood pressure looks good - something I've been somewhat worried about since it was high about 6 weeks ago. It's been fine ever since then, so maybe that was just a bad day. My glucose tolerance test went well and I'm not anemic - both great pieces of news!

Unfortunately, I also seem to be at that point where I'm not sleeping well due to light sleeping and not being able to get into a deep sleep, aches and pains (especially backaches), and not being able to get comfortable. Therefore, I am super-tired, especially after running after my two-year old and doing otherwise normal activities. The doctor suggested benadryl, so I may try that over the next couple of nights. I just don't want to be in that foggy "I took drugs to sleep better" state when I wake up in the mornings. We'll see how it goes. I've also had a lot of tension in my neck and back - hoping to get that prenatal massage soon. :)

Other than those minor things, life is good!

Oh! And I've scheduled a date for my c-section! Amelia Jayne will be born on October 24, 2011, assuming she cooperates and comes as scheduled. :) Exactly 2 months from today - I'm so excited!!!

As a side note - Xander is two and a half today. :) My little boy is growing up so quickly!

No comments: