Friday, August 12, 2011

Registering...again?

My co-workers cornered me recently to say they want to throw a baby shower for me and Amelia Jayne! How kind of them! I was not at all expecting that and didn't even plan to register for anything considering my sisters, sisters-in-law, David's grandmother, and our mothers have all already begun to spoil sweet Amelia Jayne with clothing, bibs, blankets, towels, etc.

It started the weekend after the fourth of July. David's grandmother came to visit and she had a black garbage bag full of clothes, bibs, blankets and towels! Once she found out we were having a girl nothing could hold her back from shopping. I laughed and told her that I was planning on using a lot of the receiving blankets, gowns, and some onesies that were Xander's - nobody really cares, right? Wrong! She cares! She told me that she wanted to make sure her first great-granddaughter was cute, fashionable and girly. :) Amelia Jayne is already so spoiled (and loved) by her!

A week later when we went to the beach with the Walker family, my wonderful sisters and moms decided to throw a surprise baby shower for me. My mom, Ame, Becky, Erin, Robyn, and Jill all went shopping together at the outlet stores for cute baby girl clothes. Since they all went shopping together they coordinated the outfits, made sure to spread the love over the whole first year of Amelia Jayne's life (meaning I have clothes from 0-12months!!), and honestly, I think that was the best part of the trip for them! After the shower they talked and talked about how much fun they had shopping together. :) They are so kind and I am so blessed by them!

Now we'll be having a shower at work at the end of this month. Because of that, I told David I better register - and soon. We went to Target last weekend. It was a completely different experience than the first time, but I'm so glad we did it! We don't need nearly as much stuff, but I found a few new things that would be nice to have and, of course, I had to register for some girly stuff. :) Xander was with us, so that was also an experience. David was so helpful in watching and entertaining him while I picked stuff out. Overall it was a fun time!

No comments: