Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Preschool...sigh...

Actually I'm feeling pretty good about preschool right now! One morning a week will be good for Xander. And me. I'm tired.

So orientation is next Tuesday night! We'll go meet his teacher, see his classroom, and then have a parent meeting afterward. Yippee!

Xander will be going to First Baptist Church's preschool program. We don't go to church there, but after visiting I am so excited to take him there! He'll be going on Tuesday mornings from 9:30-1:15. There are so many things I love about this place already - they have a fish tank and that sucked Xander in right away. He can't get enough of those fish! They offer one day a week which is really what I wanted to start Xander out with. We'll up him to two days around January or February (after my maternity leave is over). They have a small classroom with maximum capacity of nine 2-year olds. Their playground is enclosed in a courtyard between the buildings - and it's awesome! They have rubber mulch, multiple slides and pieces of equipment to play on and it's partly shaded in the mornings. I'll try to get a pic when I can. The school is affordable - a necessity for us! It's only 15 minutes from our house, on David's way to work, about 2/3 of a mile from my office and 5 minutes for either me or David to get there from work - awesome! It's a Christian environment, so they'll teach him Bible stories and say prayers with him. It just seems like the perfect place!

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked. :) I visited one other preschool and was not nearly as impressed. I got such a great first impression from the director and the facility at First Baptist. Can't wait to meet the teacher and get this party started! It really is going to be good for Xander. A little socialization with other kids his age may be difficult at first, but I think he'll adjust. He's certainly adjusted to the kids at church and he sees them on a weekly basis. And I'm happy to get him adjusted to preschool before Amelia Jayne arrives. Lots of new and exciting things happening this fall!

No comments: