Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mirror Image

Looking at Amelia Jayne is like looking in the mirror sometimes. It's so bizarre to see someone who looks so much like me. The biggest differences are that she has my sister's ears and blue eyes (my sister got her blue eyes from our dad, so technically I guess AJ got hers from him, too?).  The next two pics are of Erin and me when I was about 6 or 7 months old, I think. They're not professional nor are they the best quality - I'll have to post some of those if I can get them from my mom.




We're even making the same face and head tilt. How funny is that??
Oh, sweet girl. :)

I had an instant connection with little Amelia Jayne when she was born. I loved Xander so much when he was born, but there's something different with Amelia Jayne. When she was born and we were in the hospital and I finally got a chance to really look at her, I felt like I'd known her my whole life. How is that? Maybe it's because she's a girl. Maybe it's because we do look so much alike. Maybe it was just God filling up my heart with the precious gift he's given to me.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh you two do look so much alike and those pictures, wow. Crazy! Guess you can't deny being her momma. :)