Thursday, May 24, 2012

VP JB and the Coca-Cola 600

So, Vice President Joe Biden is in Charlotte today. It's also Speed Street this week in preparation for the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend. (It sounds like I really know my Nascar, right? Well, I don't. I had to look up what the name of the race is. That's how much I know about Nascar.) I work uptown, and apparently Joe must be driving right behind ImaginOn. They've closed the roads and won't let anyone leave - even if you're parked in the parking garage. And my curious co-worker and I even got shooed off the sidewalk. We thought we might catch a glimpse of ye old Vice President. I'm supposed to be going to a program. Instead, I'm taking a break and telling you all about the events happening in Charlotte. :)


No comments: