Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Birthday celebration

My birthday was on Saturday!
 


David and I had a pre-birthday celebration on Thursday night. We went to dinner at Zen Asian Fusion, had my favorite sangria, yummy sushi, listened to live music, had great conversation, and just basked in each other's presence. It was so nice to go out, just the two of us. We had a leisurely meal - in fact we were there for an hour and a half! I hadn't enjoyed such a relaxing and enjoyable meal in a long time. A meal where no one was pulling on my arm, swinging their little feet and kicking me under the table, asking for more milk, screaming to get down...it was lovely.
We had some of the best conversations that I will cherish and remember always. We laughed because all the songs that were played were from the '90's. It was like they special-ordered it for us - we knew every single song they played.



Then on Friday night, David and I checked into the Westin Hotel in uptown Charlotte. Oh how wonderful! I didn't even think about cleaning, straightening up, cooking or any other responsibilities for about 18 hours. It was a beautiful thing. :)
(Ok, so I did call to check on my children, but they were in good hands. Thanks Mimi and Grandma!)



We checked into the hotel, changed clothes and freshened up, then walked through uptown Charlotte to The Capital Grille where we had dinner reservations. After an amazing meal, we decided to walk around and enjoy the night. It was gorgeous. The weather was amazing, the city lights were bright and the atmosphere was energetic, yet relaxed at the same time. I'm not sure how that can happen, but it was just perfect. We walked, hand-in-hand for about an hour, enjoying the time together.

We woke on Saturday morning around 9am - so great to sleep in! After a chocolate hazelnut cake breakfast (leftover from the night before) we headed to Mocksville. There we celebrated Patrick's (Sept 29), Erin's (Oct 16) and my (Oct 6) birthdays. It was such a fun weekend! Thanks, family, for making it so special. And a special thanks to my wonderful husband. You're an amazing man!

No comments: