Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The big 1!

Amelia Jayne turned one today! 

We had a great day, for the most part.

I woke up with the intention of not letting her cry all day. Unrealistic, I know, but it's her special day after all! Unfortunately I cannot control her brother (pushing her over) and I can't let her eat stickers, and I have to take my keys away eventually so we can drive the car, and well, there were many other instances that led to tears being shed by the birthday girl. ""It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" right?

It really wasn't that bad.

We took Xander to school this morning, so Amelia Jayne and I had some quality time together in the morning. Just the two of us. That rarely happens. Except that it happens every Wednesday, but she usually naps for 2 of the 3 hours we have together. I didn't put her down for a morning nap today, so we had even more time to have fun together.

After we dropped Xander off we went to Target. I let her "pick out" a couple of toys. Then we stopped by a local bakery and picked up cupcakes for the evening. We left there and met up with Daddy at work to have lunch with him. It was so special! I don't think it's been just the three of us since she was a tiny little baby. I kind of missed having my boy with me, but it was nice to be able to focus all my energies on the birthday girl without having to divide my attention.

After lunch we picked Xander up and came back home. Amelia Jayne was done by then - she was so tired! In fact, she had fallen asleep on the short 5 minute drive from David's office to Xander's school. She was exhausted! Once we got home I put both kids down for naps. Only Xander didn't take a nap and ended up not allowing his sister to have a very long one either. He kept yelling for me from his bedroom and that eventually led to Amelia Jayne waking up. I kind of didn't mind because it gave me more time with her, but it made for a bit of a grumpy girl, too.

By the time Daddy got home and we ate a hurried dinner, both kids were pretty grumpy and tired. However, when I pulled out the birthday cards (Thanks GG, Aunt Karen and Nancy!) and cupcakes, everything was better! Check out some photos below.





Her first cupcake!




Her big party is Saturday.
It's not going to be that big - just family, but it'll be fun.
I'll post more pics after the weekend.

Happy birthday to my sweet girl!

No comments: