Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Siblings


A couple of weeks ago I was in the kitchen and I heard laughter coming from the living room. I peeked my head around the corner and watched my kids. Xander and Amelia Jayne had made up a game where Xander would throw his plush velcro toys around the room and Amelia Jayne would crawl after them. Then she'd gather them up and Xander would chase her around the room. It's the first real game I've seen them play together and Xander was so sweet about it! He typically grabs his toys and either puts them out of her reach or runs somewhere else to play with them. I was so proud of him for sharing and actually initiating a game with her.
I just stood in the doorway and watched the two of them. I wish I'd had a camera close by, but the image of my two children - Amelia Jayne standing and Xander knealing at the couch, backs to me, sharing with each other and playing together - will forever be etched in my memory.

Yesterday evening the kids and I were outside playing. It was so fun to play with both of my kids! David got home from work and joined in on the fun. :)













1 comment:

Kristen said...

So precious! I have had seen some similar moments b/t the girls as well (I need to write about them). such sweet memories of the siblings!