Tuesday, October 2, 2012

About AJ - Eleven months

Amelia Jayne turned 11 months old on September 24. The big first birthday is just around the corner. I can't believe it!
She's not been cooperating with me lately to get a good picture. It's a struggle every time I pull the camera out!
Right now I've noticed that Amelia Jayne is working hard on her language skills. She's signing more often and watches me very closely when I introduce new signs to her. She's now signing please (only it looks like the sign for lettuce! Ha!), and she's consistently signing milk, bye bye, all done and more. She loves when I sign please or thank you and when I help her sign them. She gets a little confused between blowing kisses and thank you. It's understandable. They're basically the same thing.
She is saying some words. Here are the ones I've heard: uh oh, bye bye, mama, dada, cat (only it sounds like "kuh"), wawa (for water), and ba-bu (can either mean blanket or Xander). She also stares at and studies people's mouths while they're talking. I can almost see the wheels turning in her head, trying to figure out how she can make those sounds, too. I think we're going to have another talker in our household! Poor David.
She loves to listen to and imitate animal noises, especially cat and elephant :) I do a pretty incredible elephant noise (if I do say so myself!) and she just loves it. Her receptive language is also pretty amazing. The other day I told her to go find blanket. She stopped what she was doing and crawled around the living room until she found her blanket. She also recognizes words like milk (we have to be careful where and when we say this - she thinks she can nurse wherever and whenever she wants!), water, night night, Daddy, Mommy, Xander, etc. I just love this stage (basically from 10-18 months) when it seems like there's a language explosion!!


She's not walking yet, but she's pushing around her push toy and the laundry basket like there's no tomorrow! She wants to walk, but wants to get where she's going fast, so crawling is still the preferred mode of transportation at this time. I have a hard time not comparing her to the other kids in her class at school. They were all born in October last year and she's the only one not walking! Peyton's been walking for almost 2 months already! Oh well. She'll do it in her own time.


Baby girl still has tiny little feet! She basically wears 3-6 month shoes or size 3. It's ridiculous to try to keep shoes on her right now! I especially want her to wear shoes since she's learning to walk, but also because it's getting colder.


Yes, she has more teeth! She has a total of eight teeth now. Crazy!


She's sick right now and has had a cough for over 3 weeks. I actually had to take her to the doctor last week and finally put her on antibiotics. Her cold had turned into a sinus infection. I'm afraid she may battle allergies. But this sweet little girl has been such a trooper! Barely any fussing or change in attitude and behavior. Such a precious little girl!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

She's so doing so well! Such a cutie! Emily also has very tiny feet- just started wearing a size 3. They have twinkie tiny feet, lol! Love the pics of her, she's so pretty!