Thursday, October 4, 2012

Xander-man




That little boy is just the love of my life!!! (along with his Dad and his sister, of course.)

Some of my favorite things that I want to remember him saying are:
"Mommy, let's snuggle on the couch together after we eat breakfast."
"Mommy, I need you after I go potty, okay?"
"I want you to love on me."
"Mommy, I need you!" (Okay, this one gets on my nerves sometimes because he's resorted to saying it anytime he gets in trouble or doesn't like something that's happened - even if I'm the one diciplining him!!)
"Mommy, I love you so very much. Did you know that?"
"You're awesome." (This was said after he told me that Daddy could do it because he was an "awesome architect" and I said, "Yeah, I'm not as awesome as Daddy." I guess he corrected me. What a sweet cutie.)

And we have inside jokes like,
"Tracy couldn't get to that either!"
and
"Uh oh, Pigeons."
and
"Let's make pancakes in the morning!" (said with an Irish accent, of course)

He just finished up an "All About Me" segment at school and each student made a book about themselves. In his book Xander had colored his hair red on one page. Then he had colored it both blue and red on another page. I asked him what color his hair is. He said, "It's red. Actually it's strawberry blonde. But my favorite color is blue. I would rather have blueberry blonde hair!" It was so adorable! So now if I ask him what color his hair is he tells me it's blueberry blonde. :)

FYI - Blue is definitely his favorite color, followed by pink and purple. :)

He's fully potty-trained - no pull-ups anymore, even at night. He's really only had two accidents since the beginning of August, so that's pretty awesome!

He's very sensitive to touch. And he's very ticklish. He likes to be loved on and held, but on his own terms. He's not big on just anyone touching him and usually only allows it if he initiates it.

Everywhere he goes, he lights up the room. He's friendly, talkative, polite and very outgoing with strangers - bizarre, considering he's such an introvert, but he just loves to talk to people!

A friend of ours in small group told us the other day that Xander was the coolest kid he knows.

I have heard him referred to as a "little man," a "little old man," and an "old soul." All of these would be true. :) He is very polite, doesn't like to get his hands dirty, waits more patiently than most, stands off to observe situations before he gets involved in things, is overly cautious, seems to understand concepts I would think far beyond him, and will talk your ear off if you let him, using very clear and precise words with a huge vocabulary that he sometimes gets correct and sometimes doesn't.
Sounds like a little old man to me!! :)

He's a pretty cool dude. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Wow, what an amazing little boy! He is so precious and smart like his mommy! :)