Wednesday, December 4, 2013

25 Months of Love, 2nd edition

I was looking back through old blog posts and came across this one.
I certainly have not been as good about documenting Amelia Jayne's big milestones and I just can't give her as much undivided attention, simply because I don't have it.
However, I thought it would be sweet to do something similar for her that I did for her brother almost 3 years ago.

I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5 NLT

God was gracious when He gave us Amelia Jayne. He knew how unique she would be and how perfectly she would fit into our family. I am honored to be her mother and so very proud of her. 
She has been alive 25 months (and some change). :)

Amelia Jayne,

1. I love how you make excuses to stay up at night. From more stories to water to potty to wanting to call daddy...on the phone.

2. I love how you wink at me.

3. I love how you are concerned and ask people if they are okay if they say "ouch".

4. I love your fake sneezes and your "bless yous."

5. I love how you make sure people are paying attention to you by moving to where you can look in their eyes when you want to talk to them. You do this a lot with Xander. :)

6. I love how you sing along even if you don't know the words. Your love of music is evident!

7. I love the way you say yellow!

8. I love how you always want to kiss Xander goodnight.

9. I love how you pick the chocolate chips out of cookies or pancakes and leave the rest.

10. I love how you always want to wear a jacket with a hood.

11. I love how excited you get over Jake and the Neverland Pirates...and how you sing each song in the show right along with the characters.

12. I love when you pat the couch beside you because you want me to sit with you.

13. I love how you put your hands on my face because you want me to tell you the "Mary Lou" poem.

14. I love your spirit and your determination.

15. I love how you call things "baby" instead of little.

16. I love how you ask me to sing Deck the Halls over and over and over again.

17. I love how much you love Xander, your cousins, and your friends at school and church. You talk about them and name them often. 

18. I love how you look up at me and reach for my hand when you feel insecure.

19. I love watching you play with dolls, knowing what a great mommy you will be one day.

20. I love how important reading is to you, already.

21. I love how you run everywhere, even from the kitchen to the living room. It's just in you to get places fast.

22. I love that you call yourself "Baby" when we ask you what your name is.

23. I love how brave you are - from the doctor, to haircuts, to Santa. You are one brave little girl.

24. I love how excited you get when Xander's excited. Even if you don't know what it's about.

25. I love your sweet snuggles and loud kisses.

I love you, Amelia Jayne. Every part of you. I thank God for blessing me with such a precious little girl.



No comments: