Wednesday, April 16, 2014

American Girl

If you don't know anything about American Girl, I suggest you check it out here.
The only thing I really knew until recently is that you can buy dolls, books and accessories from the company, but I really didn't know much about it.
There are historical dolls, the girl of the year, My American Girl dolls, and bitty babies.

My mom called me a few weeks ago and asked if I'd be interested in going to an American Girl fashion show with her and Kaitlyn. My sister's not really into that kind of thing, so she didn't want to go. When mom asked me I was so excited, even though I really didn't know what it would entail. Kaitlyn has the "My American Girl Doll" which looks like her. My sister even French braided their hair to match. So cute!

We had a great time! It was at the Embassy Suites in Winston-Salem, which Kaitlyn kept exclaiming was "so fancy!" We got to walk around and see vendors/exhibitors before the show started. The show was very interesting and informative - I loved hearing about and seeing all the outfits from the different time periods for the historical dolls. The little girl models were so cute!

Amelia Jayne will love it when she's older, but she was too young this time. I can't wait to take her! I would love to get her into something like this. She already loves dolls and there are so many things we could do to extend her enjoyment. I've mentioned it before, but I am so excited for the opening of an American Girl doll store in Charlotte this fall.

Checking in
Our table

Waiting to go into the fashion show
 
Getting her nails done

the final product (matched her doll's dress perfectly!)

Petting a horse

A horrible attempt at a selfie, by me

Kaitlyn and Mimi
 
 

No comments: