Friday, May 30, 2014

Transition

This transition into summer thing is hard. I don't like it. This is the third year in a row that we've done it (Xander started preschool in 2011) and it's the third year that I have struggled. Partly because trying to figure out summer schedules (read: babysitters) is trying for me, and because our fairly consistent routine is completely thrown off. If I ever wondered where Xander's need for routine and stability came from I just need to look in a mirror.

I looked back over the past few years and was surprised to find that I haven't blogged about this before.  I'd like to say it's easier this year, but I don't know about that. I guess it's been a tad bit easier since I am aware of my own difficulties transitioning and anticipate the changes in my kids' moods, behaviors and attitudes. But that certainly doesn't make it fun.

Once summer fully starts things will calm down a bit. I'm excited to have our teenage neighbor, who babysits for us regularly, start coming three days a week to hang with the kiddos. Hopefully the kids will have some time with Mimi and Grandma (which the kids absolutely miss when they don't have it), and with the few beach/lake/grandparent trips we have planned, we'll enjoy this summer.

That's my goal this year. I want to enjoy my kids and the time I have with them. I want to love them the best I can. And I want to give all my anxieties to the One who will take care of me.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7


No comments: