Thursday, May 1, 2014

Telephone

You know the game telephone? Where one person whispers something to another person who has to pass it down until it gets to the end of the line, then the one at the end repeats what was said? And it rarely comes out exactly like the beginning statement.

The other day I was reminded of this game. I was sitting in the office at the computer and the kids were playing in the living room. Amelia Jayne would run back and forth between the two rooms.
At one point I heard Xander say, "Tell mommy that I want her to come see the picture I drew."
Amelia Jayne ran as hard as she could to me and said, "Mommy, Xenon want you to come watch TV with him."
I asked her if she was sure that's what he said so she ran back to the living room. "What you say Xenon?"
"Please tell Mommy I want her to come here and see my picture."
After running back to me full-speed (this girl doesn't know anything except full-speed) she says, "Xenon want you to get him some food."
Hmmm...I think she might have been changing his words up a bit! And using him as an excuse to get something she wanted. Haha!

No comments: