Wednesday, September 24, 2014

For your Wednesday

10 year anniversary - mine and David's is coming up in only 2 short months! This article is true, true, true. If I could write as eloquently, I would have said the same things. ;)
Speaking of marriage, I found this article with several suggestions of blogs for married couples to read. I haven't read many of them, but plan to peruse them over the next few months.

This is a great resource for at-home dates. I do and have done every single thing she listed. At-homes have been some of my favorite dates and we can certainly do them more often that not-at-home dates.
Rachael's blog is pretty awesome, y'all. Check it out, if you haven't yet. (Did I mention that her husband is our worship leader?) (AND did I mention that they have 6 kids together…4 of them under 5?? Their house…I can't even imagine.)

Do you know Donald Miller? He wrote Blue Like Jazz which is definitely on my list of favorite books. Anyway, he has a blog that I find fascinating.

This is a great site to look over if you're planning to take meals to a friend in need - whether it be a new baby, a rough day, or an illness that's making it difficult for them to prepare their own meal, any of these would be nice to receive!

And speaking of gifts - check out a couple of great sites here and here and here for homemade goodies - nice for friends, teachers, grandparents, Sunday school teachers, or whomever!
(Do people still say whomever? It felt appropriate…)

Oh my goodness gracious. I wish I was a better hostess. If I could pull it off, I would totally do this!! I just love pretty things…and cutesy, girly things, too!! If AJ had a spring birthday, this would be fantastic. I may just do it when she gets a bit older - have a tea party for her girlfriends (with Mimi's expert hostessing skills to help me out, of course) not for a birthday, but just for fun.
That reminds me of when I was in high school. My friends and I used to have themed birthday parties. I'm sure there were tons, but the ones I remember were: my 16th birthday was an '80's party, complete with blue eyeshadow, crazy big hairstyles, and Michael Jackson; Isabel's 17th birthday was a tea party complete with fancy China, tea cakes, and us with dresses, hats and gloves; Mati's 20th birthday was a coffee house - fancy coffee choices, us in berets wearing all black, and poems & quotes hung up all around the room. If I can find pics of these things, I will post them on here. What fun we had!!

This is a great blog to peruse if you're looking for healthier options of meals for your family.

I am not that crafty, but if you are or if you want to be, be sure to go to this website. There are so many options on craftiness, I don't even know where to begin!!



No comments: