Monday, January 12, 2015

Peace - 2015

I know we're a couple of weeks into the new year. 
My legalistic nature says it's too late to write about my new word for the new year. 
My procrastinator/free-spirited/creative side says to do it anyway. 
I'm going with the latter.
I am not bound by rules.

This is the word I've decided on:

PEACE.

I have felt peace this year. I have felt Christ's peace, and it's addictive. I want more of it. I have felt peace in making decisions, in certain relationships, and in many life experiences. But there is so much more. I know God wants me to have peace and to be confident in who I am as a parent, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter. These are areas that I often second-guess myself or live in a state of discontentment and disappointment. I am excited to seek God this year and ask him for more of his "peace, which surpasses all understanding."
Some verses that I want to keep in my mind and heart this year:




Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Proverbs 14:30
A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Proverbs 12:20

Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy.

I'd love to hear about your word, if you have such a thing. What are your thoughts on this and the coming year?

Happy New Year, friends.

Peace,
Em

No comments: