Tuesday, January 7, 2014

One Word

I started thinking about one word that I could focus on for 2014 a few days before the new year approached. I started writing this post just before New Year's Eve. And then I came across this post today. It seemed very timely and I decided I better go ahead and finish this post up before it became irrelevant.

I mentioned in a previous post that "Be Present" was my theme for 2013. This year I want to focus on "Be a blessing." I don't always know how that looks, but in every day interactions I want to choose joy and kindness.
I'm memorizing James 1:19 which says,
"...it is best to listen much, speak little, and not become angry."
(TLB)

I believe that will help me to be a blessing in many ways.

But my word of the year?

MOVE

move  (mv)
v. movedmov·ingmoves
v.intr.
1. To change in position from one point to another: moved away from the window.
2. To progress in sequence; go forward: a novel that moves slowly.
3. To follow a specified course: Earth moves around the sun.
4. To progress toward a particular state or condition: moving up in the company; moved into the lead.
5. To go from one residence or location to another; relocate.
6. To start off; depart.
7. To be disposed of by sale: Woolens move slowly in the summer.
8. To change posture or position; stir: was afraid to move.
9. Games To change the position of a piece in a board game.
10. To be put in motion or to turn according to a prescribed motion. Used of machinery.
11. To exhibit great activity or energy.
12. To initiate an action; act.
13. To be active in a particular environment: moves in diplomatic circles.
14. To stir the emotions: words that have the power to move.
15. To make a formal motion in parliamentary procedure: move for an adjournment.
16. To evacuate. Used of the bowels.
v.tr.
1. To change the place or position of: moved her office; could not move his arm.
2. To cause to go from one place to another: moved the crowd away.
3. Games To change (a piece) from one position to another in a board game: moved a pawn.
4. To change the course of: moved the discussion to other matters.
5. To dislodge from a fixed point of view, as by persuasion: "Speak to him, ladies, see if you can move him" (Shakespeare).
6. To prompt to an action; rouse: Anger moved her to speak out.
7.
a. To set or keep in motion.
b. To cause to function.
c. To cause to progress or advance.
8.
a. To arouse the emotions of; affect.
b. To excite or provoke to the expression of an emotion: The film moved me to tears. See Synonyms at affect1.
9.
a. To propose or request in formal parliamentary procedure: moved that a vote be taken.
b. To make formal application to (a court, for example).
10. To dispose of by sale: moved the new merchandise quickly.



I promise you I don't want to pack up my things and move to a different house again this year. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about moving in our city. Moving in my personal life. Moving through my family. Physically becoming fit by moving.

I was thinking about what I want to accomplish this year. And this is it. I want to move in this city and let my path be noticed. I want to move closer to my heavenly Father and more closely in line with Jesus. I want to move along his path.

I've always struggled with weight and this year I feel that if I can get my butt moving then that's half the battle. I'm not resolving to  lose weight, eat better, do a complicated exercise regime. No, this year, I just want to move more.

I want to take action with friends, family, co-workers, strategic partners, etc. I want to live out my love for Christ. I want to move others for Christ.
Acts 17:28
‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

Want to join me! Let's move together!

Do you have a word for 2014? I'd love to hear it!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness! No I had not read this post until just now! Wow, clearly He has pressed the same thing upon our hearts! How cool is that!